Goal setting is almost a cliché during New Year’s. That being said, setting goals is important and why not set them now? Here are a few suggestions to help you reach your goals:
1. Set a goal that is both challenging but not impossible to hit.
2. Set a reasonable time limit to reach it. Losing 10 pounds in two days isn’t reasonable, but neither is setting a goal to lose 10 pounds in one year. Make it realistic, yet challenging.
3. Share it. Let people know you have a goal. Make it public.
4. Don’t be afraid to have more than one goal but don’t overwhelm yourself with more than you can handle.
5. If your goal is to get in shape or lose weight, then hit it from two angles: eat right and workout.
6. Don’t be afraid to ask friends and family for help.
7. If you go back a step, it’s not the end of the world. Press on and keep going.
8. No matter what it is, have fun reaching your goal!